About The Lochranza Centre
Lochranza Centre CIC, Isle of Arran. We are an Outdoor Education Centre in a fantastic part of the world. We provide educational Field Studies in Geography, Geology & Biology to School groups & Youth Organisations.
We also provide a range of adventure activities including Gorge Walking, Abseiling & Canoeing.
• Outdoor Activities & Education Instructor
We are looking for an enthusiastic graduates with an Honours Degree in Geography, Environmental Science or Geology who is also comfortable outdoors with experience of Adventure Activities. We are a small team & you will be expected at times to work in all areas of Centre operations whilst training to become a full time instructor.
Experience of dealing with young people is useful but we will provide full training. As we work in remote locations at times you will be asked to attend a Summer Mountain Leader Training Course at the beginning of your contract if you do not hold this qualification. This requires some pre-course experience of mountain days. Priority will be given to applicants who already hold a Summer Mountain Leader Qualification or have attended Training. Although we will provide full training in outdoor activities with both in house qualifications & NGB's any prior experience is very useful.
The job holder must be able to demonstrate or hold the following attributes & qualifications:
* An Honours degree in a subject directly related to study courses.
*An enthusiasm for working with young people in the outdoors.
*A 2 or 3 day HSE First Aid Certificate (can be provided).
*A willingness to work towards On-site or external qualifications in 4 centre based activities.
*Ability to organise self & motivate others.
*Good communication & presentation skills.
*Be able to work within strict procedures including standardised paperwork, & administration systems.
*An understanding of what is required to live & work as a team in a remote rural location.
*Successful completion of PVG check & 2 good references.
*Willingness to play a part in a Community based organisation with an important role in a rural setting.
Fixed term (28-35 hrs PW) contract from until mid November with possible
2023 contract from January until November..
National Living Wage Level £9.50 per hour 28 to 35 hr week .
Accommodation & food package is available for a small deducted charge.
Start Date: 5th September 2022.Inteviews will take place on the Isle of Arran.
• CATERING & HOUSEKEEPING ASSISTANT -
ACCOMMODATION & FOOD AVAILABLE
We are looking for a capable kitchen/housekeeping assistant to join our small team. You will be involved in cleaning, preparation, service, clear up & also making of packed lunches, salads, soups & some puddings & cakes. You will also be asked to assist at times in housekeeping duties.
You must have experience in a catering & hospitality environment. You must be reliable & able to turn up to work on time & fit for a shift.
Lochranza & Arran are fantastic places but its an Island & we are a small village. If you like a challenge & you like the outdoors it could be for you. If you prefer to spend all day on your Play Station, like looking at your phone every five minutes & expect to find a shop open at
10.00 pm at night, its not really for you.
If you are up for this challenge please send a CV & we will return a full job description & application form.
Job to commence 5th September 2022
Job Title: Catering Assistant
Reports to: Catering Team Leader
As a Catering Assistant you will be part of a Catering team that ensures our Catering facilities are professionally run operations. Duties will involve various aspects of the catering provision from food preparation to pot wash, counter service and dining room preparation. Throughout the catering delivery process you will ensure that high standards of customer service are adhered to at all times and that the guests and staff have a clean and safe environment in which to dine.
Objective 1: Deliver high levels of food service.
· Preparation of dining service for guests and staff.
· Maintain cleanliness standards throughout dining service.
· Ensure adequate provision of condiments, cutlery and drinks before and throughout service.
· Serve food
· Communicate regularly with the chefs to ensure food levels are maintained.
· Maintain a high level of customer service when dealing with guests.
· Food preparation ensuring agreed standards of presentation are adhered to at all times.
· Ensure cleaning points are well managed throughout the service.
Objective 2. Provide a high level of customer service.
· Providing an efficient and helpful service at all times.
· Respond to customer comments and complaints in a positive and proactive manner.
· Maintain a professional image by being polite, helpful and courteous at all times.
· Adhere to Catering Minimum Standards.
Objective 3: Maintain standards of Cleanliness and Hygiene.
· Maintain an attitude and work ethic appropriate to a kitchen environment.
· Carry out correct procedures with regard to food hygiene.
· Operation of the pot wash machinery.
· Upkeep of high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
· Adherence to all health and safety regulations.
Objective 4: Assist with centre specific duties associated with a residential children’s activity centre.
· Assist in other departments as required (Catering, Housekeeping and maintenance).
· Any training courses as directed by your line manager.
Qualifications / Experience:
Basic English language
Previous catering experience
Innovation & Problem Solving
Commitment and Values
35 hr week / £9.50 per hour. £60.00 per week charge for accommodation.
Right to Amend The company reserves the right to amend the job description in consultation with the member of staff to reflect changes in the role.
Safeguarding of Children Due to the nature of the role, all staff employed by Lochranza Centre are required to obtain satisfactory enhanced checks from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) or a Protection of Vulnerable Groups Check (PVG), which the Company will pay for. Additionally all staff will need to have received two satisfactory references prior to starting employment.
Job Types: Contract
Salary: £15,000.00-£20,000 per year
Get in touch directly with this business
Chris Traill email@example.com
Lochranza Centre CIC
01770 830637 / 615